VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor with up to 1,000 ft of Range, Vibrating Sound-Alert, Talk Back Intercom & Night Light Loop
The VTech DM221 Digital Audio Monitor with DECT 6.0 digital technology provides crystal clear transmission, eliminating the annoying white noise you hear from analog monitors. The only sounds you hear are coming from your baby. Totally digital transmission eliminates background noise and prevents interference so you can rest assured the only sounds you—and only you—will hear are your baby’s. Make sure the Baby Unit is turned on. Move the Parent Unit closer to the Baby Unit, but not closer than 1 meter / 3 feet. If you are using the Parent Unit in cordless mode, the battery may be low and requires recharging. A full charge takes 12 hours. Reset the system by disconnecting power from both units, waiting at least one minute, then reconnecting power. Allow time for the two units to link to each other. Nearby cordless phones or other electronic devices may be interfering with the baby monitor. Separate these devices as far apart as possible. When you turn the nightlight on, if no sound is detected for 15 minutes, the light will turn itself off.
- Follow the user manual for a better understanding of use.
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and one baby unit (audio monitor)
- DECT 6.0 provides crystal clear transmission, eliminating the annoying white noise you hear from analog monitors
- 5-level sound indicator – graphic bars on the parent unit indicate the level of sound in your baby’s room so you can visually monitor the noise level with the unit muted
- Rechargeable batteries provide the parent unit with up to 18 hours of monitoring time on a single charge, or use two AAA batteries (not included)
- Sometimes all your baby needs is to hear the sound of your voice – comfort your infant with the 2-way talk-back intercom
- Go hands free with the belt clip on the parent unit – carry the parent unit everywhere you go without the hassle of holding it. The operating range of the parent unit is up to 1,000 feet outdoors or 160 feet indoors
DECT 6.0 Digital Technology
This digital monitor uses DECT 6.0 Digital technology to ensure crystal-clear transmission without interference so the only sounds you hear are your baby’s. In addition, DECT technology transmits a secure, encrypted signal so you can rest assured you’re the only one who can hear your baby.
1000 Feet of Range
With a range of up to 1,000 feet, the Safe&Sound Digital Audio Monitor lets you hear your little one from anywhere in the house—or even outside. The lightweight, battery-operated parent unit operates for up to 18 hours on a single charge and includes a built-in belt clip so you can move freely in and around your home. Its backlit display is easy to read, even in the dark.
Sometimes all your baby needs to calm down is the soothing sound of your voice. The talk-back feature allows you to communicate with your little one from anywhere in your home through the parent unit. In addition, the loop on the baby unit lights up, acting as a calming night-light for your infant.
5 Level Volume Indicator
A set of five LED lights on the parent unit indicates the level of sound in your baby’s room so you can visually monitor noise level with the receiver muted. In vibration mode, the parent unit alerts you with gentle vibrations when your baby is fussing.